Sunday, March 5, 2017

A new mukaam on journey - Harvard Graduate School of Education

Hi folks! You must have been wondering where I have been lost for all these months. Time to update you with one of the greatest news of all times in my life. I got an admit from Harvard Graduate School of Education. Yay!

I have been working on my applications for last 6 months. Haven't had time to update the blog. But thanks for couple of lovely emails from readers, I was waiting for an opportunity to come back to the blog. And what a godsend opportunity!

I have been admitted to few other schools - University of Michigan, Vanderbilt University, University of Pennsylvania. And I am having a great time basking in the glory of this sunshine! So, still figuring out where I would want to go.

Onward to the next task of finding financial aid, scholarships and external grants. I have quit my job already and 31st March is my last working day in TalentSprint. Here is my plan for next few months -

1. Vipassana Course in April
2. Yoga Teacher Training Course in June
3. A backpacking trip to "somewhere"

Meanwhile, the wrapping up stuff will take its own sweet time. But time to do some unwinding and relaxation now. I am so looking forward to this new phase of life. It is very exciting!

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is great news! Heartiest congratulations! Which course (Masters or Phd)? What specialization?

    You don't know me but I have been following your blog since quite a long time. I stay in Carteret (NJ) along with my wife and 4 years old daughter. Do let me know, if you need any help. Also once you are in US, will love to catch up with you along with my family. Stay in touch!

    Once again, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masters in International Education Policy. My family is in NJ too. Can meet for sure! Will be there in August..

      Delete
  2. Hi Saloni, I stumbled upon your blog while I was confused whether I should join Teach For India or not. It was sometime around Feb 2016. I am in my second year of my fellowship now. :-) Thanks to your inspiring blog posts and others who gave me the power to make the right choice at that crucial time.
    Congratulations for making it to Harvard. It gave me a great joy to know about your accomplishment and your continuing journey to make the education better in the country.
    I am thinking of joining a good B-School after my fellowship. As I got to know about your plans of joining a B-School before the fellowship I thought talking to you might give me some good insights about how to go about applying and maybe validate my decision for going for B-School as well. Please let me know if we could catch up sometime(call/ in person).

    Congratulations again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Akash, send me your emailid at mukaam2014@gmail.com

      Delete