Sunday, November 25, 2012

We all wait

"We all wait" Victor Novaski said.

The Terminal is one of the greatest films of Tom Hanks. This Saturday I was translating this movie for my students. They enjoyed the movie and especially the concept that he waited for nine months to fulfill the promise he made to his Father of taking as simple thing as an autograph from a Jazz singer.

Today, there are 10,000 marriages in Delhi. It was a such a heavy traffic on Delhi-Badarpur road that cars were not able to cross the red light because the traffic that was stopped by the next red light down the road was still overflowing to this red light. I along with almost every second car took a U-turn after 30 minutes of being stalled on the road. It is interesting to see that 50% of people could either take a U-turn to go back to their homes or find alternative routes. But all of them were stalled for 30 minutes to be given this opportunity.

Life makes us wait - sometimes on the road from where can take a U-turn and sometimes for helping us find alternatives. And most importantly sometimes to clear the road ahead.

I took a U-turn today. But most of the times in my life I haven't. I wait for roads to get clear.

I go where I have to go.


1 comment:

  1. Remarkable statement this - "Life makes us wait - sometimes on the road from where can take a U-turn and sometimes for helping us find alternatives. And most importantly sometimes to clear the road ahead."

    ReplyDelete