Thursday, May 10, 2012

I have been a teacher

I have been a teacher, when a boy about to lose his sight, stood up to reach the stars in Nehru Planetorium in school picnic

I have been a teacher, when I said to a student I was like you, and her smile told me that was a great compliment for her

I have been a teacher, when students broke a promise to me, understood  why is it wrong, and next day a new promise was 100% fulfilled

I have been a teacher, when students asked me why I was talking in Hindi when they all can understand English

I have been a teacher, when in other classrooms I visit, I am asked why I can't give them the same thing I am giving to my class

I have been a teacher, when they want me to eat with them, play with them, talk with them and scold them
 
I have been a teacher, when in midst of a game of Kho Kho, they say that I work very hard for them
 
I have been a teacher, when they want to learn punjabi dance as much they  want to learn rounding

I have been a teacher, when the team leader does not eat lunch until no team member is left behind

I have been a teacher, when they walk to me to say that they just didn't understand

I have been a teacher, when they call because they know that I can make their parents understand 

I have been a teacher, when on this last day, my heart is heavy to sit with them in class

I have been a teacher, when I can hear their voices in the empty classroom

I have been a teacher, when I can hear their laughter in silence of my house

I am going to fill this silence with their laughter tomorrow for one last time.....38 students for lifetime

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you...you seem to be doing a great job...if only all teachers could be like you...

    ReplyDelete