Hi guys! I have been struggling since last month to write one perfect essay. And I haven't. I see essays everywhere. While sleeping! While eating! In cab! In office! During lunch while talking about range of topics from Black Magic to Hindu mythology to NGOs in India! I search for a powerful anecdote, for a wonderful idea that I can put in. The truth is that I am transforming my essays a lot but I am not sure if I am getting closer or farther. I have given essays to my reviewers from different B-Schools –Harvard, MIT, Kellogg, Simon, Booth, Ross. But I have got some feedbacks difficult to include and some just bull's eye.
Let me tell you few statements right out from feedbacks:
- Your story is interesting but your ending does not have a climax. It's flat!
- Your story seems to get lost in the middle. You have the content but you don't have a flow
- Content of your career-so far is too generic. Doesn't look like that you have done something in reality.
- Your Why Tuck content is good. It's interesting, but its lacking smoothness
- Your why Tuck Content is not good. You have not written about the exclusivity of Tuck.
- You have too much 'I'.
- Your career goals are not in a story form!!!!! This so far has been the most difficult to implement. I have started with the first paragraph with a story but its eating words from my answers:
- Why Tuck?
- Why now?
- Why Short-term? What in short term? What in short-term will connect to you to your long term goal?
- What in long term
Tell me guys, have you guys able to write our career goals in a story format and still able to accommodate answers to all these questions? Its seems to be the most herculean task so far
- Why Tuck?
- You have told about yourself right from college but what about your life before college? This has come for Introduce Yourself 100 Words essay for Ross. This essay has killed me so far the most.
The conclusion that I have derived out of this entire story is few feedbacks really helped me but few I can never implement in my current essays. I have to scrap them off completely to include such feedbacks. Some are contradictory from each other, some are really helpful. Sometime I try to implement one thing and loose another.
As deadlines are getting closer, I have realized I am not done even with one school's essays. And it's looking like a distant dream now. Panic is about to grow and to add more spice to life, Murphy is at its best. My modem has started crashing. It remains alive for five minutes than its lights start dancing and broadband stops working!!! Even while I was writing this post, I have restarted modem thrice.
Long live BSNL and their modems!!! I am not sure what wrong I have done to them. Please forgive me!